Dole Whip is a classic Disney vacation treat and now its getting its own annual Disney celebration. Learn more about the new Dole Whip concoctions, plus fun facts about Dole Whip you might not know. This and more Disney travel news.
DOLE Whip Now Has its Own Disney Day of Celebration
Fun Facts About Dole Whip
Dole Whip is a soft-serve dairy free and gluten free frozen dessert created by the Dole Food Company in 1984.
Since 2013 it has been fully vegan. It first appeared as an attraction in the Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room. According to the official Dole website, a 2/3 cup serving of Dole Whip contains 110 calories and 25-27 carbs (depending on the flavor).
Remember, the make-at-home Dole Whip recipe that Disney published in 2020 during lockdown is not the real Dole Whip recipe. The real one is made with powder from Dole, plus water and the machine that combines the two into frozen goodness.
Dole Whip used to be somewhat exclusive and very much a Disney thing to many people, but that's now changed and you can get official Dole Whip in more and more places outside of Disney Parks -- including our local movie theatre in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
Dole Whip Day is officially July 21, but the Dole Whip flavor extravaganza will continue through July 24. Going forward Disney plans to hold Dole Whip Day on the third Thursday in July – so if you want to plan your WDW vacation around Dole Whip, you now know which dates to book.
Walt Disney World Resort
Magic Kingdom Park
Aloha Isle (Located in Adventureland)
- Pineapple Float: DOLE pineapple juice served with a choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl (available with Tiki Sipper for additional cost)
- Raspberry Swirl Float: DOLE Whip and raspberry swirl served with DOLE pineapple juice
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake served with choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- DOLE Whip Cup: Choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- Coconut Cup: Choice of coconut or coconut and DOLE Whip swirl
- Raspberry Swirl Cup: DOLE Whip and raspberry swirl
Storybook Treats (Located in Fantasyland)
- Soft-serve Cup: DOLE Whip lime, chocolate, or vanilla soft-serve, or swirl in a cup
- Snow White Cone: DOLE Whip lemon in a blue cone garnished with a chocolate bird and sugar bow
Sunshine Tree Terrace (Located in Adventureland; Mobile Order available)
- DOLE Whip Orange Cup
- Orange Cream Soft-serve Cup: DOLE Whip orange and vanilla soft-serve swirl
- DOLE Whip Strawberry Cup
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Whip or vanilla soft-serve with your choice of Coca-Cola, Barq’s Root Beer, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Fanta Strawberry, POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast, or Sprite
- I Lava You Float: Fanta Strawberry Soda and passion fruit flavor served with DOLE Whip orange and topped with popping candy
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Scar’s Lair: DOLE Whip and sour apple
- Lion’s Lair: DOLE Whip topped with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and sour apple
- Simba Sunset: DOLE Whip with strawberry
- King’s Cooler: DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and strawberry
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Whip with DOLE pineapple juice (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- DOLE Whip Cup (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- Trilo-Bites Twist: DOLE Whip orange with vanilla soft-serve
Refreshment Outpost (Available through November 19)
- DOLE Whip: Watermelon, pineapple, or swirl (New)
Swirls on the Water
- Peach Bellini Float: Peach Bellini topped with DOLE Whip orange (New)
- Orange Bird Cone: DOLE Whip orange atop an orange cone with sprinkles
- DOLE Whip Flight: DOLE Whip orange swirled with DOLE Whip watermelon, DOLE Whip lemon swirled with blue butter cookie soft-serve, and DOLE Whip and Vanilla soft-serve swirl
Disney Resort Hotels
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Contempo Café (Available July 21 through August 20; Mobile Order available)
- DOLE Whip Cupcake: Yellow cupcake filled with DOLE Whip mousse and garnished with a cherry (New)
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Good’s Foods to Go (Mobile Order available)
- Key Lime Swirl: DOLE Whip lime and vanilla soft-serve swirl topped with graham cracker crumbs
- DOLE Whip Key Lime Martini: DOLE Whip lime served with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and garnished with a lime (New) (available July 21 through 24)
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- “Tamatoa-inspired” Dipped Cone: DOLE Whip raspberry swirled with DOLE Whip orange in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone and coated with “shiny” gold sugar (available July 21 through 24)
- 50th Celebration DOLE Whip: Your choice of DOLE Whip with a 50th white chocolate medallion, umbrella, and EARidescent glitter
- Pineapple Float: DOLE pineapple juice served with a choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- DOLE Whip with Rum Floater: DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
Barefoot Pool Bar and Oasis Pool Bar
- Frozen Margarita with DOLE Whip Lime: Corazón Blanco Tequila blended with DOLE Whip lime and chili-lime seasoning
- Frosty Pineapple: DOLE Whip with Captain Morgan Private Stock Rum
Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace
- Spikey Pineapple: Barbancourt Pango Rhum blended with DOLE Whip
The Tropical Hideaway (Located in Adventureland; Mobile Order available)
- DOLE Whip
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE pineapple juice topped with DOLE Whip
- DOLE Whip Swirl Float: DOLE pineapple juice topped with choice of two different DOLE Whip flavors: mango, watermelon, or pineapple
- DOLE Whip Swirl: Swirl any flavors: mango, watermelon, or pineapple
Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill (Mobile order available)
- DOLE Whip
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE pineapple juice topped with DOLE Whip (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- DOLE Whip Cup: Choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- DOLE Whip Lime topped with Graham Cracker Crumbs (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
- DOLE Whip pineapple, mango, watermelon, and vanilla soft-serve
- DOLE Whip Fresh Fruit Sundae with sprinkles in a waffle bowl topped with fresh pineapple (Moana-themed) or watermelon fruit (Stitch-themed)
- Mickey and Minnie Waffle Bowl featuring DOLE Whip with sprinkles
- Churro Pineapple DOLE Whip with Li hing fresh pineapple (New) (available July 19 through 21)
- DOLE Whip (available with vanilla soft-serve swirl)
Disney Cruise Line
Indulge in DOLE Whip at the following locations across the Disney Cruise Line fleet:
- Frozone on the Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy
- Sulleys Sips on the Disney Wonder
- Wheezies Freezies on the Disney Wish
In other Disney travel news this week...
- The BoardWalk Bakery is being transformed into the BoardWalk Deli, which will add more food offerings, including deli sandwiches and fresh baked bread to the bakery items they already serve. The bakery will be closing later this month for an undetermined amount of time to make the change.
- Over at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort they are refurbishing third-floor balconies in the main building and this is expected to be done by mid-August.
- And in case you missed it, the Main Street Electrical Parade and Disneyland Forever fireworks will be ending their limited-time runs on September 1. “World of Color” and “Fantasmic!” will continue with their regular schedules
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo