Tiana's Bayou Adventure may not be the most creative name, but we now know when Splash Mountain's transformation will be open. This story, plus new Disney hotel perks, Disney Springs Flavors of Florida, Magnolia Golf upgrades and more Disney travel news.
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure to Replace Splash Mountain by Late 2024
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
Walt Disney Imagineers have been spending a lot of time in Louisiana conducting research to ensure Tiana’s Bayou Adventure preserves the heart and soul of Tiana's story.
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has been described as a love letter to New Orleans. The ride will take you on a musical adventure picking up where the film left off. We will see Princess Tiana, Naveen and the jazz-loving alligator Louis on an adventure through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration where everyone is welcome. The ride will travel through the bayou to original music inspired by songs from the movie as they're brought into the next chapter of Tiana’s story.
More Benefits for Guests of Disneyland Resort Hotels
New summer pool parties will take place for 30 minutes daily at all three Disneyland Resort Hotels from July 1 – Aug. 31, 2022. The Disney poolside squad will be on deck to lead games like the water sponge relay and a fun floaty toss, and play high-energy music for dancing the Pluto doggie paddle! Disney characters will stop by the pool to join in the fun.
- Early Entry: Starting August 8, 2022, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests will be able to enjoy Early Entry for 30 minutes prior to each park’s opening to enjoy select attractions, dining and shopping.
- Dining Delivery: Select restaurants in Downtown Disney provide meal delivery services. Scan the QR code right from your in-room TV to access the links to those restaurants’ delivery webpages to place an order that can be delivered right to a Disneyland Resort Hotel lobby.
- Package Delivery: Starting August 8, 2022 you can have your park purchases delivered to your Disneyland Resort Hotel the next day.
- Preferred Dine Access will offer Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests the opportunity to have preferred access to a limited number of reservations at select hotel table service restaurants during the dates of their hotel stay. More details coming soon.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique returns August 25
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will welcome young guests starting August 25 at both Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort.
You can start making reservations in early August only in the My Disney Experience app and Disneyland App, or at DisneyWorld.com and Disneyland.com. Valid admission and park reservations are required for entry into Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park.
Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course Undergoing Most Extensive Redesign Ever
As part of a long-running collaboration with Arnold Palmer Golf Management, Disney is currently redesigning part of the Magnolia course. There will be four holes – No. 14, No. 15, No. 16 and No. 17 – that will be reimagined with innovative layouts and landscaping.
Also, the course’s 18 greens will be upgraded to create even more pristine putting surfaces. Plus, holes No. 16 and No. 17 will be connected by a new, wooden cart bridge through the forest and several fairway and greenside bunkers are being installed along with more challenging tee boxes.
The new-look Magnolia course will debut later this year.
Foodie Guide to Disney Springs Flavors of Florida
Flavors of Florida at Disney Springs is under way and runs from July 5 through August 14. Over 30 restaurants and shops at Disney Springs are celebrating fresh flavors from the Sunshine State. These locations are serving up a slice of summer with refreshing beverages and delicious dishes, all inspired by Florida.
- Blood Orange Éclair – Éclair filled with triple blood orange mousse, topped with tangy citrus jam and candied blood orange.
- Blue Citrus Sauvignon Blanc Slushie – Matua sauvignon blanc, Blue Curaçao syrup and lemonade. Served in a Flavors of Florida Corkcicle.
- Coconut Panna Cotta – Coconut panna cotta, layered with mango gelée and topped with tropical fresh fruit, shredded coconut and a crispy coconut shortbread cookie.
Chef’s Art Smith’s Homecomin’
- Southern Fried Hand Pies – A pair of fried pastries filled with moonshine-glazed strawberry compote and served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- Blood Orange Margarita – Dobel Diamanté tequila with fresh-squeezed lime juice and blood orange purée, garnished with a fresh Florida orange
- Florida Sunshine Shake – Hand-spun, vanilla, soft serve ice cream and fresh Florida orange juice, topped with whipped cream and garnished with an orange wheel. (Not available for online orders.)
City Works Eatery & Pour House
- Smokehouse Cuban – Hardwood-smoked pulled pork shoulder, ham, shaved hot link, smoked provolone, Robonaut Red mustard and spicy bread & butter pickles, on a Cuban roll.
Coca-Cola Rooftop Beverage Bar
- Sunshine Orange Chill – St. Augustine vodka, orange juice, topped with Sprite and served in a souvenir Coca-Cola glass.
- Lime Garage Burger – Deluxe patty, topped with pepper jack cheese, pork belly and fried green tomato, served with an avocado, lime and jalapeno spread.
- Orange Garage Burger – Deluxe patty, topped with pepper jack cheese, pork belly, lettuce, served with an orange and onion marmalade.
- Orange Bird Milkshake – Artisanal shake made with vanilla gelato and orange, topped with sprinkles.
- Strawberry Basil Margarita – Herradura reposado tequila and lime juice, with strawberry purée and garnished with shredded basil leaves.
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
- Orange Blossom Cupcake – Moist vanilla cupcake, piped with orange-flavored frosting, topped with orange zest and a flower garnish. (Vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.)
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew
- Citrus Dream Donut – Orange glazed donut with white buttercream, drizzled with orange icing and topped with an orange gummy and fresh mint leaf.
- Orange Lemonade with Sweet Cream Foam – Limited-edition summer treat, made with fresh-squeezed orange lemonade and topped with sweet cream foam.
- Shrimp Ajillo Tostada – Tostada topped with roasted garlic-guajillo Florida pink shrimp, avocado, jicama, local heirloom cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, orange and a citrus-soy vinaigrette.
- Orange Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie – An almost-half-pound vanilla bean cookie infused with orange essence and mixed with dark chocolate, covered in pecan pralines and candied orange peel.
- Strawberry Shortcake Chocolate Treats – Strawberry chocolate, white crisp pearls, speculoos cookie crumbles and strawberry crispies.
House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
- Voodoo Shrimp – Sautéed Florida Gulf Shrimp in an Abita Amber beer reduction sauce, served over jalapeño-cheese cornbread.
- Green Gator – Siesta Key Toasted Coconut Rum mixed with melon liqueur, simple syrup and pineapple juice.
Local Green Orlando Food Truck
- Kingston Mango Pineapple Lemonade – Tropical flavors of mango and pineapple with refreshing lemonade.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Florida Gulf Shrimp Tacos – Jerk-spiced shrimp served in a grilled corn tortilla with watermelon pico de gallo and topped with sliced jalapeno.
- Jock’s Citrus Old Fashioned – A cocktail classic with a Florida summer twist.
- Florida Mule – Florida cane vodka, ginger beer, orange juice and simple syrup. Served in a Flavors of Florida Corkcicle.
- M&M’S White Chocolate Key Lime Pie Candy – Brightly colored, white chocolate candies, available by the half-pound and pound from the color wall.
- Blood Orange Gin & Tonic – St. Augustine Gin, Tipplers orange liqueur, blood orange Monin and tonic water, garnished with an orange wedge.
- Key Lime Pie – A rich but tart key lime filling and airy toasted meringue.
The Polite Pig
- Cuban Sandwich – Classic Florida sandwich made with crusty bread and piled high with sliced ham, roasted pork, cheese and dill pickles, spread with a tangy sauce.
- Key Lime Mojito – Rum cocktail, mixed with fresh-squeezed lime juice and club soda, garnished with fresh mint sprigs and lime.
- Key Lime Ceviche Tostada – Shrimp, scallop and mango ceviche, avocado mousse and cilantro-cabbage slaw with citrus vinaigrette, accompanied by cilantro lime rice and Cuban black beans.
- Sailfish Brewing Sunrise City IPA – West coast-style IPA brewed with Columbus, Amarillo and Mosaic hops, featuring a smooth finish and notes of bitter citrus.
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
- Home Grown Strip Steak – A 12oz cut, grass-fed and locally raised at Florida’s Adena Farms, served with béarnaise sauce, Cipollini onions, sautéed wild mushrooms and Raglan’s twice-cooked millionaire homemade chips.
Salt & Straw
- Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper ice cream
Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Grilled Key West Pink Shrimp Salad – Grilled shrimp served over a spring mix with strawberries, oranges, cucumbers, tomato, parsley, onions and feta tossed in strawberry vinaigrette.
- Spiked Guava Lemonade – Guava puree and fresh-squeezed lemon juice with St. Augustine vodka, topped with a splash of soda water.
Swirls on the Water
- Orange Bird DOLE Whip – Soft-serve DOLE Whip Orange topped with sprinkles and an Orange Bird garnish.
- Watermelon DOLE Whip – DOLE Whip Watermelon piled high on a slice of fresh watermelon. Limited quantities available daily, while supplies last.
Terralina Crafted Italian
- Italian Sangria – Special blend of cabernet sauvignon, brandy, peach and lemon, garnished with Florida orange slices and served by the glass or in a pitcher for four.
- Blackened Shrimp Salad – Salad greens dressed with Florida orange blossom honey and Key lime vinaigrette topped with blackened shrimp, seasonal berries and goat cheese croutons.
- Oyster City Mangrove Pale Ale – Classic pale ale with a malty body and mild hops, fermented in mangos to add a tropical, fruit-forward flavor.
Vivoli il Gelato
- Pineapple and Coconut Shake – A rich and creamy shake made with pineapple and coconut sorbetto, topped with a mini pineapple and coconut layer cake.
- Orange Blossom Gelato – Frozen Italian treat made with orange blossom pilsner beer and Savannah Bee orange blossom honey, served in a cup or waffle cone.
- Key Lime Cannoli – A delicate pastry shell filled with sweet cream made of ricotta and key limes.
Wine Bar George
- Frozen Old Fashioned – DOLE Whip Orange blended with Hooten Young American whiskey and aromatic and orange bitters. (Purchase a Wine Bar George limited edition Corkcicle and enjoy a complimentary frozen drink.)
Guests can pick up a Flavors of Florida event guide upon arrival at the Disney Springs Welcome Center or any participating location.
The Official Complete Lineup for 2022 Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT
This year, Disney Live Entertainment continues to bring new flavors into the mix, giving even more guests a chance to savor the music they love. Fresh acts will take the America Gardens Theatre stage, including local bands Tuesday-Thursday, alongside many of your favorite artists. With genres spanning Rock, Latin, Rap, Pop, Country and more.
- July 14-15 – Baha Men
- July 16-18 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- July 22-23 – Tonic (NEW)
- July 24-25 – Jeremy Camp (NEW)
- July 29-30 – Taylor Dayne
- July 31-Aug. 1 – Tiffany
- Aug. 5-8 – Joey Fatone & Friends
- Aug. 12-13 – The Devon Allman Project
- Aug. 14-15 – Christopher Cross
- Aug. 19-20 – Journey former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
- Aug. 21-22 – Air Supply
- Aug. 26-27 – Blanco Brown (NEW)
- Aug. 28-29 – 98°
- Sept. 2-3 – Southern Avenue
- Sept. 4-5 – Kris Allen & David Cook
- Sept. 9-10 – Hoobastank (NEW)
- Sept. 11-12 – Jimmie Allen
- Sept. 16-17 – Los Amigos Invisibles (NEW)
- Sept. 18-19 – American Authors
- Sept. 23-24 – BBMAK
- Sept. 25-26 – Postmodern Jukebox
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Stokley (NEW)
- Oct. 2-3 – Sheila E.
- Oct. 7-8 – Mark Wills
- Oct. 9-10 – 38 Special
- Oct. 14-15 – Robert Randolph Band (NEW)
- Oct. 16-17 – Newsboys (NEW)
- Oct. 21-22 – Ray Parker Jr. (NEW)
- Oct. 23-24 – Billy Ocean
- Oct. 28-31 – Hanson
- Nov. 4-7 – Boyz II Men
- Nov. 11-12 – Kenny G
- Nov. 13-14 – Sugar Ray
Guests can secure a spot at the show by reserving an Eat to the Beat Dining Package available Friday-Monday. Find out more by visiting TasteEPCOT.com.
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo