What is Your Disney Travel DNA?
What type of Disney traveler are you and how does it work to form your unique Disney Travel DNA? In this interactive episode, we walk you through the six Disney traveler types so that you can determine your unique blend that forms your Disney Travel DNA.
There are six types of Disney travelers at Walt Disney World. Your Disney Travel DNA is your unique mix of these six Disney traveler types.
In this interactive episode of 1923 Main Street: The Daddy Daughter Disney Travel Podcast, we take you through the six types of Walt Disney World traveler, so that you can self assess to determine your unique mix of Disney Travel DNA.
Why It's Important to Know Your Disney Travel DNA
Some of the Disney travel types are very different from one another, so it can make a difference if two people in a travel group have very different Disney travel DNA profiles.
The Six Types of Walt Disney World Travelers
1. The Park Buster
- the most classic of all Disney Traveler types. Disney Parks fanatic.
- Would love to do all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day.
- Doesn't mind the crowds, can stand waiting in line (to some degree) and loves being inside Disney Parks.
- Even on busy park days, the Park Buster will be in his or her element, likely having a few tricks up their sleeve to work through the crowds or knowing when to call it a day and tap out before things get too crazy.
- high energy and if you can keep up with them, they’ll probably guide you through a very fun
- loves to plan and believes a well-planned Disney vacation leads to a successful Disney vacation.
- is happiest when all meals and all FastPasses are locked in as early as Disney allows them to do so.
- They live with their My Disney Experience app by their side and love the comfort of knowing exactly what is going to happen this afternoon, tomorrow and the next day.
- doesn’t enjoy leaving things to chance or having any unscheduled time (unless they planned for having unscheduled time).
- If someone wants to change any plans on the fly, this will cause great stress for the Disney Planner.
- But secretly they'll enjoy the challenge of having to rejig their carefully-planned itinerary and will find great accomplishment when they come up with a new plan that resets things back into some sense of order.
- Most travel groups will benefit from having a Disney Planner.
- is relaxed about how they approach their Disney vacation.
- takes things as they come and doesn’t get too stressed about things that don’t go as planned
- If a ride is down, or they miss a reservation, no worries.
- is easygoing and will usually be able to enjoy themselves no matter what happens.
- the most rare of all Disney Traveler types, but they can have a great calming affect on those around them
- so it's nice to have a Carefree Disney Traveler in your group.
- loves soaking up all of the Disney history that surrounds them.
- notices the small details that most travelers miss.
- advance research on what to watch for and inspiration behind rides, attractions and Imagineering throughout the Disney Parks and Resorts.
- great appreciation for how it all ties together -- loves the historical tours.
- Hidden Mickeys to windows on Main Street, the Historian views it as a significant part of the magic.
- quite at home wandering Disney Parks with a camera and an eye for detail and never stepping on a ride.
- loves the finer side of Disney travel
- prefer to experience Disney as part of a VIP Tour, or other exclusive level of Disney service.
- loves any pay-for-play opportunity and prefers all types of VIP Walt Disney World.
- sees the value in opportunities to pay for magical extras on their Disney vacation.
- at home paying for things that most other Disney travelers don’t know about or don't budget for.
- likes to chart their own path
- discovers things the average Disney traveler isn’t even aware of.
- has a bit of Disney Planner in them, but not to the point of becoming obsessive about it.
- want to know the off-the-beaten-track side of Disney and go where the crowds usually don’t.
- would rather spend time surfing in Typhoon Lagoon at 6:45 a.m. than rushing off to a park.
- ideal Walt Disney World vacation would include archery at Fort Wilderness, hot air balloon ride at Disney Springs, trail rides, Chip'n'Dale campfire show etc.
Listen to the full episode as we explain how to determine your unique Disney Travel DNA. It's a fun and interactive episode of our Disney Travel Podcast that you won't want to miss!
For More Information:
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
If you are interested in helping to support the our show, we have set up some great rewards for our supporters on Patreon. So feel free to drop by for a visit. Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Daddy Daughter Disney Travel Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Pond5